Saturday, October 20, 2007

Thing 21

I took a look at podcast.net, but wasn't very pleased with my search. I just found too many irrelevant sites. I had much better luck at podcastalley.com. I did a search using the term "libraries" and had 25 results. However, under "education", I found an interesting podcast called "libvive", which is worth checking into further. That day's "cast" was about library funding, I believe, and it wasn't dry at all, but quite interesting, as well as informative. The podcast I added to my Bloglines account is NPR: Books, since I have listened to reviews on All Things Considered in the past and have enjoyed them.
I think, regarding podcasts, I have the same response as to some of the other "things". There is much that is interesting and/or useful, but wow, there is a lot of junk too, or just reasons (excuses?) for people to rant and rave about life. In a way it's good that we can vent, but on the other hand, all that clutter!!

No comments: