Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Things 1,2,3, and 4

I did all these back in the beginning of the program, but I haven't officially blogged about them. I read the "about" page and the "FAQ"s part for Thing 1, and that eased my mind somewhat, since I was wary of what this was all about. With some very appreciated help, I set up my blog for Thing 3, and then registered it for Thing 4, and received a confirmation that it had been registered.
For Thing 2, the 7 1/2 Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners, I believe that my strength is Habit 7: Teach/Mentor others. I really love to help other people. And, if I know something, and you don't, I am more than willing to show you or teach you so that you can do it as well as I, and perhaps, pass on your expertise to someone else. I would say this is my greatest satisfaction as a librarian.
My weakness is probably Habit 4: Have confidence in yourself as a competent, effective learner. I have this built-in mindset of, "oh my, I'll never be able to learn this, or grasp this concept", and 9 times out of 10 I am proven wrong. With a track record like this, you would think I would believe in myself more, but I almost always start out with, "oh, no!" instead of, "oh, yeah!". I waste too much time acting so negatively.

No comments: